The 8 limbs of Yoga
1. Yamas (Restraints) to gain self-awareness. Non-harming,
2. truthfulness, non-stealing, moderation of senses.
4. Niyamas (Observances) Constructive principles for
5. cultivating happiness and self-confidence. Purity,
6. contentment, self-discipline, self-study, self-surrender.
7. Asana (postures) to gain health and self awareness.
8. Pranayama (control and expansion of energy) of the breath.
9. Pratyahara (sense withdrawal) systematic relaxation exercises.
10. Dharana (concentration) effort to stabilize the mind.
11. Dhyana (meditation) unbroken flow of concentration.
The five Niyamas
1. Shaucha (self-purification) a number of cleansing techniques for the body.
2. Santosha (contentment) Contentment comes from an experience of acceptance of life, of ourselves, and of whatever life has brought us. Without being complacent, when we practice contentment, we find happiness. Thus, happiness becomes our choice.
3. Tapas (self –discipline) Asana practice is tapas for the body.
4. Svadhyaya (self-study) means “to recollect (or remember) the Self.” It is the effort to know the Self that shines in the innermost core of your being. Study of scripture and mantra meditation are two of the most helpful tools for svadhyaya.
5. Ishvara pranidhana (self-surrender) trustful surrender to God, the act of giving ourselves to a higher purpose.
A gentle, yet thorough workout of the whole body which also includes Breath of Joy and pranayama. Work within your comfortable limits. This class is designed to enable anyone to practice yoga and enjoy the benefits of breath, Meditation and movement. We will incorporate, cardio, stretching, balance We will start and end with a guided meditation and breath work. Renee Waters, Naturopath and Massage Therapist will be your instructor. I teach at the YMCA Wednesday at 9 am and Monday nights at 6:30 in Studio 4... Please join me..
I am available to do commissioned artwork, facepainting for your party or event, retreats or workshops. I have taken art therapy courses and would love to explore that area more in the future!!
I am a member of the FDL Artists Association, and the Thelma Visual Artist Group. I occasionally show my paintings at the FDL Public Library, Langdon Diver Gallery and The Thelma Sadoff Center for the Arts in Fond du Lac.
I would love to be able to work with you or your group concerning anything to do with Art and Science..
Land Line Number: 920 922-8950 or email me at email@example.com